About the Library
The Wroblewski Library of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences is an academic library of state significance, a cultural, scholarly and educational institution. Its founding institution is the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences. All citizens of Lithuania and other countries are entitled to use the services of the Library.
As of January 1, 2015, the stock of the Wroblewski Library of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences counted 3.733.514 volumes. On January 1, 2015, the Library had 12.274 registered users.
The main objective of the Library is to satisfy information needs of the academic community, to preserve and pass on to future generations the collections of documentary heritage amassed in the Library and to carry out a scholarly and educational mission. As a custodian of historic collections of written heritage, the Library is committed to fostering research into the documentary heritage of scholarly and cultural history.
- to provide the academic community with information resources;
- to carry out further research into the documentary heritage of scholarly and cultural history;
- to introduce new information and communication technologies;
- to promote scholarly and educational awareness of the value of creative writing.
- professional improvement;