About the Library
The Wroblewski Library of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences is a scientific library of state significance, a cultural, scientific and educational institution. Its founder is the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences. All citizens of Lithuania and foreign countries are entitled to use the services of the Library.
As of January 1, 2015, the stock of the Library counted 3.733.514 volumes. On January 1, 2015, the Wroblewski Library of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences had 12.274 registered users.
The main objective of the Library is to satisfy information needs of the scientific community,to preserve and pass on to future generations the stored and still being stored collections of documentary heritage and to carry out scientific and educational mission. Owing to its historically formed collections of written heritage, the Library is an institution fostering research of the documentary heritage of science and culture history.
- to supply the scientific community with information resources;
- to carry out and stimulate research of the documentary heritage of science and culture history;
- to introduce new information and communication technologies;
- to promote scientific and educational awareness of the value of creative writing.
- professional improvement;