The collection includes six funds:F1 Collection of Parchments B1, 628 items, dated 1187 to 1859. Accumulated from 1897 to 1905 by the staff of the Manuscripts Department of Vilnius Public Library.
F2 Parchments in Russian, 75 items, dated 1503 to 1804. Accumulated in 1871 by Piotr Giltebrandt, founder of the Manuscripts Department of Vilnius Public Library.
F3 Collection of Parchment Diplomas, 115 items, dated 1414 to 1795. Accumulated around 1879 by the staff of the Manuscripts Department of Vilnius Public Library from the funds of the Vilnius Chapter.
In 1915 all three funds were taken to Russia by the czarist government. In 1946 they were returned to the Library of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences from the then USSR State Library of Lenin.
F4 First Collection of Parchments, 60 items, dated 14 c. to 1855. Tadas Vrublevskis started to accumulate the collection in 1891; a few documents were received in 1940 from the State Library of Vrublevskiai. The staff of the Manuscripts Department of the Library of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences completed the collection in 1947 with individually received documents.
F5 Second Collection of Parchments, 77 items, dated 16 to 19 c. Accumulated in 1949-1959 by the staff of the Manuscripts Department of the Library of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences and includes the parchments from the Library of Vilnius Synod of Evangelical Reformers, the remains of the collection of Šiauliai Aušra museum, documents donated by the academic Konstantinas Jablonskis as well as individually received documents.
F6 Parchments of the Vilnius Chapter Fund, 440 items, dated 1387 to 1922. Accumulated in 1957 during the arrangement of the Archival Fund of the Vilnius Chapter, which was received in 1956 from the State Restoration Workshops in Vilnius. The fund was found in Vilnius Cathedral during the repairs.