Documents Conservation and Restoration Department
Žygimantų St. 1, LT-01102 Vilnius
+370 212 73 43
Head of Department
The Documents Conservation and Restoration Department was established in 1976. Today it consists of 13 personnel: 8 qualified restorers and 5 bookbinders-restorers.
- conservation and restoration of valuable documents stored in the Library: books, maps, manuscripts, parchments, prints, periodicals etc.;
- binding and rebinding of sets of periodicals;
- cleaning and restoration of damaged documents;
- assistance to organizers of exhibitions held in the Library;
- preparation of documents for digitalization;
- raising qualification via participation at conferences and seminars, as well as in Lithuanian and international restoration centers;
- instructing trainees from other institutions;
studying documents kept in the Library and preparing publications based on the results of this research;
- participation in projects implemented in the Library.
The services are subject to charges in accordance with the price list confirmed by the Library.