Department of Scholarly Information
Žygimantų st. 1, LT-01102 Vilnius
+370 5 212 57 99
+370 5 262 79 35
Dr. Giedrė Miknienė
Head of department
Reading Room of Reference Material
2 floor, room nr 19, tel. +370 5 2627 935
Friday – 8.00–15.45
Hall of Catalogues
1 floor, room nr 2, tel. +370 5 2627 935
Monday–Friday from 8.00 till 19:00
(in summer time from 8:00 till 17:00)
New arrivals are exhibited at the Reading Room of Reference materials
- to form a collection of bibliographical and information titles in the Reference literature reading room;
- to perform reference requests in written, oral, electronic form, also to consult on the issues of bibliographical description;
- to compile subject and personal bibliographical indexes;
- to compile a retrospective bibliographical index of the articles of national periodical press;
- to disseminate information on the latest acquisitions of reference literature, indexes, encyclopedias, database subscription and testing;
- to organize and manage the Exhibition of New Arrivals.
Within the structure of the Library of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences a Unit of Reference Service was established in 1948. It became a base for the Department of References service in 1961, which was renamed to the Department of Information in 2006, and later – to the Department of Scholarly Information in 2013. At present time the Department includes two units:
- Bibliography – head dr. Birutė Railienė
- Information service – head Donatas Ustinavičius
The auxiliary holdings of the department count over 7000 volumes.
Users are served at the Reference literature reading room (1st floor, room nr 19) which holds over 6000 volumes. The holdings include information and bibliography issues published in Lithuania and other countries, general and subject encyclopaedias, indexes, vocabularies, general statistical indexes on Lithuania, Lithuanian current bibliography, bibliographical indexes, titles on bibliography, librarianship, information science and history of science titles.
Information and bibliographical inquiries are carried out by post, internet, e-mail, skype, telephone and on the spot at the Reading Room of Reference Material and reference desk at the Hall of Catalogues.
Subject indexes Lietuvių kalbotyra, Lietuvos istorijos bibliografija (Engl. – Lithuanian Philology, Bibliography of Lithuanian History) also indexes of personal bibliography, retrospective bibliographical index of the articles of national periodical press, subject bibliographical lists of literature are compiled at the department. All published indexes are listed in the list of publications of the Wroblewski Library of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences Department employees publish scientific works in local and international press, give papers in local and international conferences.
Databases compiled at the department:
- LMAVB darbuotojų publikacijų duomenų bazė (Bibliographical Database for Publications of the Staff of the Wroblewski Library of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences). Titles start from 1998.
- Jono Basanavičiaus bibliografija (Bibliography of Jonas Basanavičius). Works by and about dr. Jonas Basanavičius, published in 1875–2013.
- Lietuvos istorijos bibliografija (Bibliography of Lithuanian History), a bibliographical database of works by Lithuanian and foreign authors on the history of Lithuania, published in 1980–1990.
- Lietuviškų periodinių leidinių publikacijos (Retrospective Bibliographical Database of Articles in National Periodical Press), published in 1924–1927.
- Lietuvių kalbotyra (Lithuanian Philology), a bibliographical database of works by Lithuanian and foreign authors on the Lithuanian philology, published in 2001–2010.
- Lietuvos mokslininkų disertacijos (Dissertation of Lithuanian Scholars), a bibliographical database of PhD summaries of Lithuanian scholars, maintained in Lithuania and other countries in 1980–1990.