Žygimantų St. 1, LT-01102 Vilnius
+370 260 95 60
Head of department
The department was founded in 1951 as a photography and bookbinding facility. At that time it was the first photo laboratory in a Lithuanian library, which not only did photography work, but also started making microfilms. Later the department also took on rotaprint printing, microfilming, photo reproduction, Xerox copying and book binding. In addition, it published various publications requested by the Library, the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences, scientific institutes etc. Initially named the Reprography Department, it was renamed several times to finally become the Digitization Department in 2011.
The services are subject to charges in accordance with the price list confirmed by the Library.
The Department is currently participating in the digitization project „Virtual Electronic Heritage System“. The materials to be digitized include old periodicals, 16th-17th-century Lituanica, 16th-19th-century publications in Lithuanian, cartographic publications, the documents from Lucjan Uzięblo (2029 files) and Vilnius Capitula (5000 files) collections.